The Scientific Expertise Centre (SEC) “Surface Temperature and Emissivity” brings together teams from Onera, Icube, LSCE, Cesbio, INRAE, Cerema and CNRM, who are all working on improving surface temperature and emissivity estimation and mapping. Users are scientists and institutions.
The objective of the CES is to develop algorithms in order to respond to three main issues:
- Improvement of algorithms for (current and future) high spatial resolution sensors.
- Exploration and development of temperature mixing and multi-scale data fusion techniques with low spatial resolution sensors to improve temporal resolution of estimates.
- Establishment of evaluation methods to provide products with associated uncertainty.
- 2019: Evaluation of the performance of different methods for surface temperature estimation, taking into account the impact of 3D geometry
- 2020 : Analysis of the demand, federation of the thermal infrared community and census of the existing (data, tools, instruments,…)
- 2021 : Validation and production of a first time series at national level