Theia Land Cover SEC produced automatically land cover maps for Metropolitan France using Sentinel-2A and Sentinel-2B data. These maps have a 10-meters resolution.
- Straw cereals (Wheat, Triticale, Barley)
- Protein crops (Beans / Peas)
- Oilseeds (Rapeseed)
- Orchards and fruit growing
- Hardwood forest
- Softwood forest
Low natural formation
- Natural grasslands and pastures
- Woody moorlands
- Dense built-up area
- Diffuse built-up area
- Industrial and commercial areas
- Natural mineral surfaces
- Beaches and dunes
- Glaciers and eternal snows
The nomenclature used since 2018 is furthermore totally compatible with the 17-classes nomenclature employed for the 2016 and 2017 land-cover maps.
Illustrating earlier work, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2014 maps using Landsat-5 databases are also available.
The 2019 (Raster) as well as the 2018 (Raster and Vector) data are available on theia.cnes.fr
For older version, use the links below :
Raster format before 2018
- Land Cover: 2017 (719 Mo), 2016 (711 Mo)
- Validity Maps: 2017 (804 Mo), 2016 (476 Mo)
- Confidence Maps: 2017 (4.1 Go), 2016 (4.2 Go)
Vector format before 2018
The product is cut according to the administrative limits of the French departments and generated a zip archive containing the 4 files that make up the “ESRI Shapefile” format. Data can be downloaded from URLs such as:
in which XX corresponds to the number of the department (09, 31, etc.).
For more information, see http://osr-cesbio.ups-tlse.fr