Potential topics include (but are not limited to) the following: (optional, but recommended)
- New advances in the field of disparate data integration and AI (surveys, digital footprints, Internet of things and remote sensing) for addressing environmental and global development challenges.
- The role of BED Intelligence in the generation of global or large scale information layers (e.g. biophysical variables, mapping informal settlements, exposure to natural hazards, crop monitoring, mapping poverty, etc.)
- BED Intelligence for predictive modeling of socio-economic and environmental processes (e.g. urban development, population modeling and future projection, numerical weather prediction, data assimilation and forecasting, as well as for extreme weather prediction and nowcasting).
- Discussion papers on the limitations of AI in the context of BED (e.g. optimization for remote sensing data, need for a large quantities of training samples and benchmark datasets, the challenge to strike the balance between the global context and the local details).
- The infrastructural solutions and digitalization processes to enable BED Intelligence generation and its application.
- The ethical and transparencies challenges raised by BED Intelligence.
Big Earth Data
List of articles from both the latest and ahead of print issues.
Publisher: Taylor and Francis
- 1 March, 2020 Paper Submission Online
- 31 May, 2020 Decision to Authors
- 31 July, 2020 Revised Paper Submission
- 1 October, 2020 Publication
Manuscript Submission Information
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. Once the manuscript has been prepared, submit it through the Editorial Manager System and choose the correct Special Issue. If you need further assistance regarding this matter, please contact the Editorial Office at TBEDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Christina Corbane, European Commission, Joint Research Centre, Christina.email@example.com
- Martino Pesaresi , European Commission, Joint Research Centre, Martino.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stefano Nativi, European Commission, Joint Research Centre, email@example.com
- Max Craglia, European Commission, Joint Research Centre, firstname.lastname@example.org