The JRC offers a vacancy for a Contract Agent within the Exploratory Research Project RURAL REFOCUS (Generating massive in-situ crop data with computer vision and crowd-sourced street-level imagery).
The project focus on generating massive in-situ data with computer vision and crowd-sourced street-level imagery as training data for satellite remote sensing for agriculture and environment monitoring. An exciting topic in a disruptive team!
The position is a 2-year Exploratory Research position as a Contract Agent (typically done after a PhD or with 5 years relevant experience) which is extendable to up to 6 years.
!!Deadline is the 7th of June, 2019!!
The successful candidate will be in charge of carrying out all aspects of the Rural Refocus project, this includes:
- Collect, analyse, and geospatially process massive amounts of images;
- Design, implement and test computer vision and machine learning algorithms;
- Dissemination/publication of results.
- Completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma and at least five years professional experience in a field relevant to the position, alternatively a doctoral diploma in applied computer science, image analysis, remote sensing, agricultural engineering, or related field;
- Extensive knowledge/experience in advanced image processing, big data analytics (using e.g. R), neural networks, programming skills (e.g. Python, C/C++) is essential;
- Broad knowledge in the area of agriculture/agronomy,
- remote sensing, geographic information systems, precision farming, is essential;
- Knowledge of field surveying, using crowd-sourced data is an advantage;
- Solid record of research activities relevant for the post including publications in international peer-reviewed journals is an advantage;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English (B2) are essential, knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
- In addition, the following competences will be considered as an advantage:
- Ability to work in a team and in a multi-cultural environment;
- The candidate is expected to be creative and work independently;
- Research experience or applications of machine learning or deep learning;
- Open-source project experience that demonstrates programming, mathematical, and machine learning abilities and interests.
Apply on line : https://recruitment.jrc.ec.europa.eu/?site=IPR